Sunday, March 11, 2007



Celebrating Spontaneity in Creative Embroidery. I went to Broadlands Art Centre www.broadlandarts.co.uk for a weekend workshop with Gwen Hedley. This is the piece I produced in one day, admittedly with a lot of help from Gwen.

I love the way these pieces are created, it is impossible to predict the end result and Gwen is such a nice tutor, very helpful and encouraging. I worked very hard this weekend, but Gwen worked 11 times harder.

Broadlands is in rural Norfolk, a lovely part of the country, the studio is a Victorian school house, and Kit our host for the weekend worked wonders with the food and refreshments.

1 comment:

Rachel Murphree said...

Wen, this is so very cool. I'm glad you had the large view there so we can really see the details. sounds like quite the profitable workshop weekend. and I love the colors on the one in progressr