Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tassel for Sue



My friend has a key stuck in a lock. It will turn but won't come out. She asked me to make a dangly something to hang from the naughty key. Sue already has a woven copper piece made for her birthday a couple of years ago, so I decided to incorporate copper into the tassel.

I strung the beads onto beading thread and used needle weaving to make the loop. Time will tell whether it is strong enough to withstand handling. I will report back if it falls apart.

I delivered presents to my in-laws yesterday. Today I got a phone call telling me that they have opened them. Who needs kids when you have parents like these? Anyway they like their stuff, I think their favorite gift was the clockwork racing snails. They are already bickering over who gets to eat the caramel nougat bars:) Wonderful people are buying me a sink to put into my new workshop for christmas.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Ooooo, pretty tassel. I'm going to go and see if I can get a key stuck in my lock so you'll make me one. ;-)

Rachel Murphree said...

Wendy, this is so cool...beautiful colors and textures. hope it lasts a very long time!