Monday, April 07, 2008

Waggiest Tail

13 years ago we entered puppydog Katy into Scrufts, the 'unique' dogs version of Crufts. Katy won 1st place in the waggiest tail class and we have the certificate and ribbon, not that we needed it, Katy's friendliness and joi de vivre shone from every scruffy hair on her body.









Today Katy couldn't wag her tail and we had to say good-bye. We have tears and heartache and a big empty space in our lives for the little dog who gave so much and asked for so little in return - a cuddle, a walk, a biscuit,the 8 o'clock play, her 9 o'clock wee, the squishy bit in the middle of the bed...








Miss you sweetheart

3 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

Oh Wend, she is so adorable. I haven't seen any of these pictures. What a lovely tribute to your sweet joy and sunshine.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wendy, I am so sorry for your loss. But remember, sweet Katy waits for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I wish you comfort and peace through precious memories of dear doggy. --Susan

Katherine R. Willson said...

Oh, Wendy... my heart's breaking for you. :( I wish I could come over the pond and give you a hug and listen to stories about her. It was awful when we had Shiloh put down, and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. Thinking of you...
- Katherine