Thursday, September 04, 2008

On the Waterfront

Our embroidery group have a bi-anual challenge, the pieces then form part of our exhibition. This time we were given a wooden frame, a piece of canvas and instructions to make a piece measuring 14"x6", we were asked to use the bottom 4 1/2 inches for the water and the top 4 inches for sky so that the panels could be mounted together. No restrictions on technique.
I decided to use my embellisher to make the background. I used a base of polyester felt and mushed wool fibres, all sorts of nep and stuff into it. I did intend to stitch into this, and there is some stitching , but in the end I decided that I liked it the way it was. I painted the piece of canvas to match my landscape, mushed the felt onto it and then sort of 'gallery wrapped' the wooden frame with it.
There are 24 panels on display. Pics on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmaemmeline/sets/72157607115386175/

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!