Monday, November 25, 2013

Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show

The traffic was a nightmare.  Long queue, slow moving, frustrating knowing what would be at the end.  The anticipation of exhibits to see and goodies to buy.

Eventually we got to the door.  Shock horror - £15 to go in!  I am sure it wasn't that much last year.  The exhibits were good, but if, like me, you had been to the Quilt Festival, then much of it had already been seen.  The atmosphere wasn't nice.  Too much pushing and shoving, backpacks smacked in face, tempers and tantrums.  Goodness knows how the people sitting in wheelchairs coped.  I didn't buy much.  We had intended to go for two days but we left early on day one and didn't go back.  I did manage to chat to a few friendly faces so it was worth the trip.


That meant we had a day spare so we popped to Leeds and Ikea, and I bought this fabric.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time at the Show. I had heard poor reports of Ally Pally but I thought it would be different at Harrogate. I hope they get it right next year. The stencil looks interesting.

Trudi said...

I was pretty much underwhelmed by it too!

Rachel Murphree said...

lots of money to spend and not have a good experience. boo hiss. Birds are cute on the fabric!