Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sheep hearts and angelina

Two sheep atc. The sheep parts were cut from lutradur using a soldering iron. There is a little texture too, but I covered most of that with the fme. The eyes are French knots (I can do those so gottta use them). Legs are tiny beads. My own hand dyed fabric and yes it is green!



Whilst I had the soldering iron out, I cut these little lime and purple pieces from some sheets of Angelina I made ages ago. The little heart beads are bronze, I have had them a while and occasionally admire and fondle them. Thought it was time to use some of my precious stash :) I have loads of scraps of my hand dyed fabric so used some to make the background, bit of bondaweb and some zig-zag stitch. I call this one 'hearts and angelina', because I love angels and the heart symbol and it amuses me to give grand names to tiny atcs.


Rachel finds the most incredible stuff and she gave me a very nice piece of crochet. Unfortunately I left it in the back of her car and Nicki texturised it. I salvaged some of these crocheted motifs and thought this one looked fine on another hand dyed scraps background, with a few beads (because it isn't done until it has beads on it)





3 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

oh yes, they are all beautiful. Love the crochet motif and how you have it presented with the beads. I had a smile over Nikki texturizing it! the other Grand ATC is marvelous, and I love the sheep with their varigated long grass edging at the bottom. quite well done. Be proud!

:Diane said...

Favorite is the Sheep!
Very nice all around. A bit jealous that you are having such a productive play time.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The cards are lovely. I love the sheep.