Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring and my Magnolia

I have always wanted a magnolia tree but have never had a garden big enough. Last year I found this one for sale, and had a 'must have' moment, even though my garden is even smaller due to the building of the studio. The blooms are a wonderful lift to the spirit, Spring is here.

Spring means the end of the permanent dreary grey sky, instead we have wind and rain showers but with blue skies too. Spring is also the time when our famers like to show the incomers what rural life is all about. The first bright sunny day and they all get out the muck spreading equipment and you would not believe the pong...

3 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

Oh isn't it just LOVELY? and what a beautiful simple/elegant pot.

Gina said...

Hi Wendy, Thanks for visiting my blog. I understand why they need to keep the lights low in these exhibitions but it is so frustrating! The magnolia is so beautiful. I love them! Gina x

Maggi said...

A beautiful magnolia. Usually round here as soon as they come out we get a frost and it browns the blooms.