Wednesday, December 19, 2012

people in Marakech

This water man was the most cheerful and charming man, would you look at his smile.  The watermen ring their bells to announce their arrival.  I guess they make their living these days from tourist taking photos, but who could resist...



I am not sure the 'tooth puller' still earns his living pulling teeth, but he had a huge pile of teeth and dentures.  His own teeth were perfect and I have no doubt he sees a standard dentist regularly.  He was another perfectly charming character.
I don't like the way animals are used to entertain humans, but couldn't resist sneaking a pic of this baby monkey wearing his nappy.  This city is incredibly clean. 

I hope you are not bored yet as I haven't even started sorting the photos of the art and architecture, maybe tomorrow

4 comments:

Sue said...

Fascinating - colors, people. Not bored a bit!

Rachel Murphree said...

Bored? not a bit! keep posting!!! what a fabulous smile the waterman has! wow.

Julie said...

Nope, not bored at all, looking forward to the next instalment and to a catch up in person maybe once Christmas is out of the way? You were missed on Wednesday. You must have lots of inspiration for future work.

Anonymous said...

"Please, sir, may I have some more?"

No way can you bore us with photos from faraway places with strange sounding names.

Diane