Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunflower book



I made this little book with lutradur sunflowers for a workshop I will be tutoring in May. Agreeing to teach a workshop about this product has allowed me to play around with lutradur.


It is a very robust fabric, I painted some sunflowers, didn't like them and run them under the tap, the paint washed off and the fabric was non the worse for wear.


To make the pattern for the larger flower, I scanned a piece of the sunflower print fabric into paint shop pro, cut and pasted one sunflower, increased it in size and printed it.


The flowers are stitched on to the fabric with the beads. Sometimes I just have to use beads.....


This is what it looks like on the inside, the flaps hold a little notebook and tickets or receipts etc

2 comments:

:Diane said...

Gorgeous. Where do I sign up?

Wendy said...

You are already signed up, whether you wanted to or not :)