Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beads

Today I played with my beads and made a heavy and tactile string of worry beads.

I did try to make a patchwork 'disapearing 9 patch' block, using a charm pack of lovely batik fabrics. Using my 1/4" foot, I carefully stitched together three sets of three squares. Pressed the seams and layed them out ready to join. Nope, not one seam matched. I would have to trim each and every 5" square if I ever wanted to patchwork with this pack. I unpicked and threw the whole set into the scrap box. I won't be buying pre-cut fabric again.

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a pain! I'm sure you'll find a good use for them in time though. I enjoyed the Show at Harrogate, just not enough time. I did manage to get the DVD from C2C but I had to pay £3, never mind, I'm sure it's worth it.

yarngoddess said...

Some would say, it was the ironing that stretched them...
I say - just sew a dozen of them end to end and cut the last square in half. Line up another strip of a dozen of them and sew it on. Trim off a half square at the bottom of the second strip. None of the seams have to line up then.
:Diane

Rachel Murphree said...

oh, I like Diane's idea. do them offkilter and they'll look beautiful and funky. life is too short to make the seams match....