Monday, August 22, 2011

Playing with paper



I have been having a little play following the book 'Finding your own visual language' (Jane Dunnewold, Claire Benn & Leslie Morgan).  Playing with black paper, I cut a heart shape and then cut that into pieces. 


I traced around part of the cut out heart to find this shape








And when I played around using the shape, I had this - my very own angel :)

Just playing around with the one cut out heart and a piece of tracing paper, I have a nice selection of abstract shapes, some have already been cut into stamps using cheap erasers. 

3 comments:

sweetypie said...

hmmm, it needs sequins....

Julie said...

LOL Trust Tina! Looks like a good idea to find some personal imges to work with. I was going to work my way through this book a couple of years ago. Got as far as cutting a few black squares similar to what yo've done and that was it. Time to revisit maybe? (When I've caught up on my Journal Quilts. Arrrrgh!)

Wendy said...

I have ideas for using the image and sequins were involved :)